The Career Advice Hub will be making a return to this year’s Agri Careers Fair with lots of interesting advice from professionals and experts in the industry.
Presentations will take place throughout the day covering areas such as CV and interview preparation, how to transition from third-level to the workplace and career planning.
- Valerie Farrell, Teagasc’s HR manager, will make a presentation on Teagasc’s recruitment and interview process. Valerie’s presentation will prove particularly useful for those interested in getting a job with Teagasc as Valerie will explain how Teagasc’s recruitment and interview process works.
- Louise McCabe, who is the founder of Inside Edge – a company that shares knowledge, tools and insights that helps individuals to improve their performance throughout their career – will be giving a presentation on the transition for third-level students into the workplace. She will be exploring how to be more work-ready and how to hit the ground running when you begin your first job after graduating.
- Philip McCabe is the HR business partner at Glanbia and he will be making a presentation on career planning at the Career Advice Hub. With over 10 years’ experience working as a recruiter and in HR, Philip’s presentation will be informative and helpful to those who are wondering about their future career path and what they need to do now to plan for the future.
Irish Farmers Journal staff
- Sarah Buckley is the HR manager at the Irish Farmers Journaland she will also be presenting in the hub on the day. Sarah has 13 years’ experience in HR management, consultancy and business partner roles and will be focusing on CV and interview preparation.
- Mary Phelan is the careers editor with the Irish Farmers Journalwhere she covers careers and education, particularly in the agriculture sector. An expert in her field, she will be giving a presentation at the Careers Advice Hub where she will explore the career paths within agriculture.