The Career Advice Hub will be making a return to next year’s Agri Careers Fair with lots of interesting advice from professionals and experts in the industry.
Presentations took place throughout the day covering areas such as CV and interview preparation, how to transition from third-level to the workplace and career planning.
- Valerie Farrell, Teagasc’s HR manager, made a presentation on Teagasc’s recruitment and interview process. Valerie’s presentation proved particularly useful for those interested in getting a job with Teagasc as Valerie explained how Teagasc’s recruitment and interview process works.
- Louise McCabe, who is the founder of Inside Edge – a company that shares knowledge, tools and insights that helps individuals to improve their performance throughout their career – she gave a presentation on the transition for third-level students into the workplace. She explored how to be more work-ready and how to hit the ground running when you begin your first job after graduating.
- Philip McCabe is the HR business partner at Glanbia and he made a presentation on career planning at the Career Advice Hub. With over 10 years’ experience working as a recruiter and in HR, Philip’s presentation was informative and helpful to those who were wondering about their future career path and what they need to do now to plan for the future.
Irish Farmers Journal staff
- Sarah Buckley is the HR manager at the Irish Farmers Journaland she was also be presenting in the hub on the day. Sarah has 13 years’ experience in HR management, consultancy and business partner roles and was focusing on CV and interview preparation.
- Mary Phelan is the careers editor with the Irish Farmers Journal where she covers careers and education, particularly in the agriculture sector. An expert in her field, she gave giving a presentation at the Careers Advice Hub where she explored the career paths within agriculture.