Connecting talent and agriculture
Open up a world of opportunity
The Agri Careers Exhibitor Pack for March 30th 2017 is available to download below: Agri Careers 2017 Exhibitor Pack
Connecting talent with jobs
The Irish Farmers Journal and open eir have joined forces to launch Ireland’s first Agri Careers Fair which takes place on 30th March in the RDS. The event will be a one-stop-shop for a job in agriculture and rural Ireland as it will showcase some of the 250,000 jobs across the industry that your business is part of.
Why are we doing this?
We understand that the sector needs agri specialists, but it also needs those experienced and qualified in the areas of IT, accounting, marketing, human resources and many other areas of expertise. A huge number of these roles are based in rural Ireland and this is great news for those based in regions where they can’t afford to buy a home, and wish to move back to where they come from. This is an opportunity to show job seekers, those looking to advance their careers, students and parents alike that a career in the agri industry can deliver a bright future. Our industry and rural Ireland needs the best minds to prosper and this is an opportunity to show them how they can be part of this success.
Partnership with open eir
Open eir was keen to get involved because connectivity and high-speed broadband is its business. It is key to supporting rural businesses, and therefore rural jobs by ensuring every company and home in the country has access to fully functioning broadband. Carolan Lennon, wholesale managing director of open eir, said: “We are genuinely delighted to partner with the Irish Farmers Journal for the Agri Careers Fair. We all know how critical this sector is to the overall success of our economy and how it provides much-needed employment in the most rural areas of the country. We also know how critical connectivity and high-speed broadband is to the sector to not only create further employment and business opportunities within rural communities, but also to allow businesses (regardless of size) to operate more effectively. The availability of high-speed broadband allows even the smallest business to compete on a global platform. It provides them with the ability to communicate online, sell online, engage in social media and interact with customers and potential customers in a meaningful way. It also opens up new ways of working – employers can offer more flexibility to employees who want to work from home or other locations.”
Benefits of being part of Agri Careers 2017 for your business:
- Recruit the best people for your business
- Connect their talent with your opportunity
- Make sure that your company is part of our first Agri Careers fair
- Attend a breakfast briefing on the morning of the event, to facilitate networking opportunities between exhibitors and speakers
- Print and digital marketing campaign promoting Agri Careers 2017 and what it is about. Benefit from advertising in the Irish Farmers Journal, on farmersjournal.ie, on our social media platforms, google display networks, PPC and on radio in the lead up to the event.
- Profile your business in our pull out magazine in the Irish Farmers Journal, and online on the event website www.farmersjournal.ie/agricareers
- List your available positions online on www.agricareers.ie
- List your available positions on our jobs wall at Agri Careers 2017
- Have you and your team inspired by our superb speakers who will be on the stage throughout the day.
- Showcase to the audience why your staff love to work for your company.
Shane Finnegan Phone: +353 (0)1 4199 527 Mobile: +353 (0)87 9268 131 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kate Devereux Phone: +353 (0)1 4199 554 Mobile: +353(0)87 7799 940 Email: email@example.com
Linda O’Mahony Phone: +353 (0)1 4199 589 Mobile: +353(0)87 8364 412 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org